My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Thursday, October 20, 2005

    The burning pit below

    If I had wings and fangs, and prickly spines up my back, I could be a dragon....this burning of indigestion is KILLING ME, DAMMIT. Would you believe that breathing alone gives me indigestion? Yes, it does...isn't that just grand? I swear when my husband pisses me off, I could literally breathe fire at him, and then watch his body smolder while I sob that he didn't carry the trash out before his ashes blow away.

    I will be 18 weeks tomorrow...I cannot believe that. It just doesn't seem possible. The thought of bringing home a new baby in just over 20 weeks scares the hell out of me. I should be good at it by now, with the two that I already have, but...maybe that's the problem. I know what having a baby is like, I know that it is like rolling a dice, sometimes you have this wonderful happy baby and other times you have a demon. Like tonight, it was WW3 here at my house with my 2 year old, and my husband says "Hun, the next could be worse", I could've slapped him. I love my daughter, but she is so much like me it is scarey. She is as stubborn as I am, as mean as a snake, and smart to boot. So I simply told Daniel that if the next is like her, we will be hiring a nanny, or he can have me committed. Just to give you an example of my life with a 2 year old...we're potty training. And to those of you who have done this, congratulations! But for my demon like child, it isn't so easy. Some days are excellent, others are hell. And to take into consideration that I am trying to paint my kitchen without her painting her whole body....well, that is a task in itself. I could go on and on about life with a 2 year old, but I'll spare you.

    We're dog sitting for my mother in law this week, while she is on vacation. Odie is not real fond of children, ont to the mean point, he just has no tolerance. He is so much like an old man it isn't even funny. He demands his food at 6 am and 4 pm, and his potty breaks get to be a bit much, and the damn thing is scared of his own shadow. My husband and I have nicknamed him pansy-ass.

    I went to get my flu shot yesterday. My first flu shot EVER, and possibly my last. My arm still aches ( I know, who's the pansy now). I hate shots though. But I got the kids their shots and we go back in a month for their boosters. Yippee....

    Other than that, nothing exciting is going on in my life, other than gaining weight, eating all the time, wanting to sleep all the time and don't forget the burning pit of hell in my chest. We did carve pumpkins the other day. That was an adventure...Gracie got to dig in her own pumpkin, and she liked it eventually. So I may just have to post some pics of that occasion.

    I hope everyone is well. Take care everyone.

    1 Comments:

    • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

      Heartburn sucks!!! I can definately relate to that! I am sorry that your 2 year old is in the crazy phase - Joey is finally growing out of it -

      18 Weeks have flown by - Congratulations - you are doing a great job!

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home