My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Friday, August 19, 2005

    My excursion to the ER...

    Yesterday was an awful day, I woke up sick and never could hold anything down, so finally at 10:30pm last night, my husband dragged me to the ER. I have been having some cramping down low and was really worried about it, since it seemed to get worse as the day wore on. They wanted to give me an ultra sound which made me and DH very happy, so he could finally shut up about me having twins. No, there is just one bean in there. It's name for now is pea. The baby is doing just fine and measuring at 9 weeks 1 day. It seemed a little lazy, but she said when they are that small, that's what they do. I have never had a u/s this early on, soI had no clue what to expect. After that fun was over, they gave me IV's, and phenergan which knocked me out before the nurse as done taping the IV to my arm (or so my husband says, I was in lala land) I don't even remember coming home, and my Mom (who was at my hous watching the kids) says I never even spoke to her as I fell in the door. ThenI found my way to the bathroom to begin vomiting all over again. Yay....Then sometime after that Daniel must have tucked me in, because all I remember is waking up this morning at 10:30. Oh, and he says I talk in my sleep when I am on drugs....thanks alot.

    So all in all, it was a good evening that I got to see the baby and know that it is okay. Oh and the cramping the doctor said was due to all the vomiting. I also have sore ribs and tummy, I really get into being sick I guess. So as soon as I am over my sickness, which may be as much as 6 more weeks, depending on how much my body wants to toy with me, I plan to schedule my DEAREST hubby to get fixed. I'm thinking of taking him to he veterinarian that my brother works for, maybe they'll give me a discount. I am so evil.

    I am posting my u/s pics as soon as I figure out how to get my head out of a bucket. Yes, I typed this with a bucket in hand. I am so talented. You know they say Moms can do everything. Thanks for sticking with me this long. You are very kind people.

    Oh, and big shout out to THE PREGNANT ALLY!!!!!! You Go Girl!!
    Wooooo-Hoooooo!!!! Yeah! Congrats!

    5 Comments:

    • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Ally said…

      Heather,

      What a terrible experience for you. I hope the vomiting stops soon. I really hope that you can get your head out of that bucket soon. :)

      Thanks for the well wishes. I am still in shock. A happy shock though. LOL

       
    • At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Heather , sorry to hear your having so much of a hard time still. I really hope that your nausea and vomiting is gone soon. How much can one person stand? Take care and get better soon.
      Hugs from Lesley

       
    • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Ineke said…

      Despite the way you're feeling Heather, congratulations for you and your husband!

       
    • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Sporty said…

      Glad that you got to see the baby and that everything looks good. Sorry that you have been so sick. I hope that it goes away rather quickly for you.

      Take care!

       
    • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Heather P. said…

      Sorry to hear that you are sooo sick. I hope that you don't have another 6 weeks of this. Glad to hear that the pea is doing good!!

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home