My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Wednesday, September 07, 2005

    Almost there....

    I am almost to the 2nd trimester, which I know is no real satisfaction to anyone except for me and my husband (who thinks that the vomiting will magically disappear that night). It's a big moment for us. And scarey, too. The thought of being this far into it, it almost doesn't seem possible. Have I really had my head in the toilet this long????

    I am still sick, mostly in the mornings, and some evenings, but I know I am putting on weight and that is a great sign. At least the baby is getting what it needs, whether I do or not. That is what the doctor said, and she wasn't really trying to hurt my feelings, but I told her my concerns that the baby was not getting what it needed and she said that the baby gets first pick of everything I eat, that leaves me with the leftovers. yay. No wonder I feel so hungry all the time.

    We had a cookout on labor day and it was so nice. The whole fanily got together, my side, and we pretty much knew this was the last time we'd be cooking out for a while since it is already cooling down outside...yay, fall!! But it was the best day I have had in a long time. And there was a ton of good food, already prepared, that meant very little cooking for me and I loved that even more.

    Chandler is back in school now and he seems to be loving it. This year he will be going 5 days a week so that may confuse him a little, but I think it is great that he loves it as much as he always has. Gracie is enjoying her time alone with me, although she constantly asks where Chandler is. She's in a big girl bed , which was much easier to do than I thought. For the first few days we kept her baby bed set up, until it became a problem each night that she wanted to get in it, so we took that down and ever since then, she has done really well. My baby is not a baby anymore.

    We're still wondreing where the new baby will sleep. If it's a girl, we'll just double them up in a room, but if it's a boy, we're in for some trouble. Chandler can't have anyone in his room, since he gets up and plays most of the night and we leave the lights on for him. So that is totally out of the question. That, and the thought of someone disrupting his routine is just insane. So that is deep in our brains every day, wondering whether or not to add on to the house, or just close in one of the living rooms and make that a bedroom, which I am opting for, but Daniel will have to get rid of his "favorite" couch then...you all know how men are with their favorite peices of furniture.

    Well, that's my update. I'm here, and I'm alive. Take care everyone!

    4 Comments:

    • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Ally said…

      I was glad you updated Heather. I like to know what's going on with you and the kids. I'm glad Chandler is adjusting to school and thak goodness Grace likes her bed.

      It will certainly make things easier for when the baby comes.

      As far as another boy is concerned...I think your DH will have to get rid of his "couch"...unless he wants to sleep on it all night listening to Chandler scream with someone in his room. LOL

      I'm sure it'll all work out.

      I'm glad you're feeling better too.
      :)

       
    • At 6:11 AM, Blogger Heather P. said…

      Glad to hear from you Heather!!! Congratulations on the 2nd trimester!! In a couple of weeks you should be able if baby cooperates to find out the sex!! I hope that you do and then you can start to worry about it. I wouldn't until I knew (unless it was going to be at delivery!!LOL)
      Heather

       
    • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Sporty said…

      Glad you were able to update. Sounds like you had a really nice Labor Day. I am also glad that the morning sickness seems to be slowing down a little for you.

      Glad that the kids are doing well and that you are almost at the 2nd trimester mark. It does make you feel a little better.

      Take care and keep us updated.

       
    • At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Yay for the second trimester. I'm glad the morning sickness has died down a little and your getting some relief...
      You'll work the sleeping arrangements out. Glad to see/hear from you again.
      Take care and have a nice weekend.
      Hugs from me.
      Lesley

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home