My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Tuesday, March 22, 2005

    I'm finally updating

    It has been a while since I have even been online, for time enough to do anything. I try to read blogs, and lurk on PW for a while, only to be torn from the computer to take care of kids. Let's see, where do I begin? Both kids are sick again. They both got a nasty case of diarrhea a couple of weeks ago. I can handle it for a few weeks, then it's off to the doctor. But to back up befor ethe doctor visit. On Sunday, Gracie woke up and threw up. So we felt her and her fever was at 102.6. Gave her med's and she went right back to sleep after her bath. Then Da iel woke her up rom her nap and yelled for me to come look at her. She had these welts all over her arms and fronts of her legs and the backs of her legs looked sunburnt. And she was itching like crazy. Lucky for us, my parents were having compnay over and the guy is a doctor. So I called him and asked him to take a look at her before we rush off to the ER on a Sunday afternoon. She was acting fie, other than itching, so he said just take her to the doctor Monday. We waited it out all night, and the spots only grewa and spread over just about her whole body. I'm not talking like chicken pox, I am talking nickel to quarter size swollen welts. So Monday morning, they both still had the diarrhea, and Gracie's spots has gone away during the night. I was still going to call the doctor about the poopie problem. First thing Monday morning, her spots came back slowly but surely. So I got them in at 10:15 to see the doctor. It tunrs out that Grcaie is having an allergic reaction to who knows what, she has an ear infection in her left ear, that is causing the fever, that is causing the diarrhea. Which in turn led to increased heart rate which led to quick breathing, which led to more breathing treatments which led to a terribly behaved little girl. Chandler has the same old problem he always gets. He has no good bacteria so they put him back on the "good bacteria" medicine and it should be fixed in a few days. Then after that appt, we went to his other doctor who is the developmental pediatrician. She is setting us up with aquatics therapy during the summer!! He loves the water and I think it would be a great opportunity to get in some physical therapy while he is in the water. She also recommended we have him tested for a wheat allergy, that could be the cause of all this recurring diarrhea. So off we went to the lab to get blood drawn. he was such a little man and did so well for it.

    After all this, I am coming down with yet another cold, which this time I feel for sure is allergies. So I will get to go see the doctor and get some more meds for allergies. Yay.

    So for those of you who are actually still reading after all the grossly mentioned stuff, you are a real trooper. Thanks for stopping by.

    A TTC note, I am on CD 16 and waiting to O any day now...if my body wants to. I am totally in the swing of getting up at 6:10 am every morning, sticking the thermometer in my mouth then going stright back to sleep. No problem at all anymore.

    The weather is gorgeous here today but suppose to rain tonight. I hope we have a nice Easter so the kids can get outside and look for eggs but we'll see. Any big plans for Easter out there? My Mom has hinted that she is making a big dinner for anyone who wants to stop by for the day, but has yet to invite me...so like her. She has a knack for inviting the poor "I don't want to keep a job" siblings of mine, but for those of us who can keep jobs and pay our bills, and have stable lives, we are usually excluded from most things like that. Sorry, just venting.

    I hope everyone is good, and staying well. Take care!

    2 Comments:

    • At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Poor kids and you. I so hope they and you are feeling better really soon. You must have had a scare with the rash and all. Good girl with the temp taking.. I hope this is your month. I also hope it warms up for your easter weekend. It is usually too wet Easter morning to put eggs outside for us. Maybe we will be lucky this year. I hope have a good day and I hope you get the allergies sorted out too...

       
    • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Heather, just checking in again to see how your feeling. I hope the kids and you are feeling better and you get to have a good weekend. Take care and warm wishes to you.
      Love from Lesley

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home