My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Saturday, February 26, 2005

    It's Saturday already. I can't believe this week has gone by so fast. I am officially sick now. I have felt like crap the lst few days, maybe even weeks now, and the scratchy throat has now turned into what feels like shards of glass in my throat...yay.... I hate being sick. I take it like a baby, I'll be the first to admit it. I swear I catch everything in my path. So now I am sitting under a blanket, trying to type without my blanket falling off me. I'm a sight.

    I got to see my Dad today. He comes down on the weekends. He works in Roanoke during the week and comes down on the weekends to stay with Mom and my brother. I don't knwo how long he can keep up this job, but he's still doing it. He is probably the hardest working man I have ever known. Right now, he is putting in a new stair case for my Mom at their house. Becaus ethe one she has is not nice enough for her. I really don't want to get into mom bashing right now, because I don't feel like typing that much. I love my Mom dearly, we just are so different that it is like night and day. My Dad and I are two peas in a pod. We are so alike, we can tell what each other is thinking, without saying a word. Most people say that the more alike you are, the more you fight. I have to say that is not our case. Neither of us are confrontational people, we would rather drop it, (unless we are really fired up) and we have a mutual understanding that if it ever comes to that, we walk away first, then come to talk. It's never been ne of those things we agree on, it's just a given. Anyway, I am really glad I got to see my dad. He really brightens my day.

    My dog Holly is sick. She is laying here at my feet panting. I feel so bad for her. She has acted weird for a few days, and I just thought it was her natural weirdness. (she is a very, hmm....let's say hollow behind the eyes kind of dog) But she has started this panting and now she is having little pee pee accidents, and she is having trouble going pee pee. I think she has the dreaded bladder infection, or worse, STONES. I myself am a big kidney stone sufferer and god knows I don't wish it on my dog. So we're off to the vet on Monday. I am trying ot talk my brother into taking her in to work with him to the vet clinic so it will save me from taking the kids out in the cold.

    Speaking of being sick, since I'm on a roll...Chandler is sick now. I think it is just a cold though. Nothing like what Gracie had. He has no fever at all. Just a nasty cold. He doesn't handle being sick well either. I feel so bad for him, he just can't tell what hurts. It's so unfair. I'm so proud of him though, now that he is able to crawl on to the couch all by himself. He can get off the floors when he gets cold. It used to be that he was always so cold and we had to lift him onto the furniture to keep him warm. It's like he knows how warm it can get him, and he walks ( on his knees) to every peice of furniture possible and gets up on it. I could talk about my kids all day long.

    I'm really pleased with the PW girls for the baby shower we pulled off. I think Lesley worded things beautifully, and it worked out just great. Now if Jennie would show up. I'm getting a little worried that something may be wrong. I am so greatful for those ladies and the support that we all have there.

    Well, It's Chandler's bedtime. Good night all.

    2 Comments:

    • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Jenna said…

      Heather,
      I am really worried about Jennie too. I really hope that she is okay and that the baby is okay. I hope that she signs on soon.
      I am sorry that you and your house is sick. Last week everyone I knew was sick. I am so glad that I didn't get anything. Seeing I have no kids and only go to school I am able to get my full 8 hours of sleep at night. I know it is very sad.
      I hope that you start feeling better soon.
      Jenna

       
    • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Oh, Why can't the flu and colds just leave you all alone. I hope your dog is better soon too...
      Hope you get some rest...
      Hugs
      Lesley

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home