My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Wednesday, March 02, 2005

    Marley the poodle...

    As you can see, I finally got my dog. He's ten months old, which we thought would be a plus since he is not at that chewy, peeing and pooping stage all the time now. Turns out he is scared to death of us, and every move we make. He's obviously not been socialized at all, and that worries me. We just sank a load of money into a dog that seems to despise us. But, I got him groomed today which took 4+ hours and I am still not done. I'm taking a break and will get back at it tomorrow. And to top it off, he has not gone to the bathroom in almost 24 hours, so that should be fun once he decides to go. It'll be the flood of 2005. Hopefully, not in the house. I understand that he is scared and that he is in a competely new environment and doesn't know any of us, but geez, come on and pee already! My luck, I will end up at the vet with them having to empty his bladder for him. ahhh....the joys of being a pet owner. Other than that, he is beautiful! he's HUGE, too. I had no idea he would be that big. He's about 60 pounds and 28" at the shoulders. And he could still grow!

    Tomorrow, we are going to Charlottesville to the University of Virginia to see a new pediatric neurologist for Chandler. I hope it goes well. It is just a normal check up, but you never know with a new doctor. We'll see! We are at the point where we have chosen not to do anymore testing. There are no miracle cures for him, and there is no point in poking and prodding my son just to "see what we can find out". It isn't fair to him. Now if something was to change in the future that they think his diagnosis is wrong, or there is something they can do for him, then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Until then, we take it one day at a time.

    I am finally starting to get over my cold. It still wants to hang on for some reason. I am not sick feeling anymore, but the congestion is still awful. And Chandler seems to be getting over his just about completely. I kept him out of school today just in case. Monday and Tuesday they were out of school for snow. Yes, we got snow!! About 6 inches, too! It sucks that no one could play in it, but it was beautiful. But I am just about ready for spring to get here. Since we can't enjoy the winter due to all our sicknesses, then bring on spring! I could use getting out in the yard and working in the flower beds. Lesley, you made me jealous saying you had been working with your roses. The only bad about spring, is allergies....sheesh, cut me a break already!

    I should go and get everyone's baths taken care of. Tomorrow will be a busy day.

    2 Comments:

    • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Ahh, yes with Spring does come sneeze too..lol... I love your new Dog, he is huge. I bet you will have fun grooming him. Glad your getting over your flu..
      Take Care
      Lesley

       
    • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Sporty said…

      Glad that you are starting to get over the cold and feel better. How did the appointment go?

      Just wanted to delurk and tell you to have a great weekend!

      Take care,
      Chas

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home