My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Saturday, March 05, 2005

    My Son!!!

    I have been meaning to blog for a few days, but have not had the chance to. I can't keep up with my days. Anyway, as you may know, my son is 5 1/2 with cerebral palsy. the doctors of course gave us the whole run down that he may never walk, etc. You know the whole kick in the teeth speech. Well......I can now say that my son has just learned how to walk!! I cannot express my feelings, there are no words to describe it. Now I am not talking he can go to mall and walk around, but he can now walk approximately half way across the room, all by himself. It happened on the day that we took him to the neurologist. We took him out to his favorite place to eat (as far as we can tell) for being so good for the doctor. He gobbled his food down and we left and we decided to let him walk between us in the parking lot. I had to let go to open the van door, and my husband said, " I think I'm gonna let go now"....as I gasped for him not to let go, my son started walking. At that time he took 3 steps. I tried to see my husbands reaction, and he seemed to be tearing up also. This is a moment we have been waiting for, for what seems like forever! I just had to share my good news. I really should take some pictures and post them.

    1 Comments:

    • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Ally said…

      I'm sorry Heather. I have only now am able to catch up on my blogs and was so moved by Chandler learning how to walk. How great is that! I can so relate to all the milestones that most people take for granted. He will continue to amaze you like my son does. And remember Heather...thats what truly makes them special.
      :) Have a great day

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home