My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Thursday, January 05, 2006

    This is me falling apart...

    ***Sob****Well, today was my 28 week appointment. It started out very good, my weight is good, I have gained 5 pounds since my last appt. 4 weeks ago, which put me at 133lbs now, baby sounds good with a heart rate of 152, and I am measuring right at 28 weeks. Good, huh? So then I decided that I would put my fears at rest and asked when I could find out if the baby is still breech. According to the doctor, they don't even start to worry about that until 36 weeks. So then I explained to her about my braxton hicks contractions that seem to be non stop lately, (well, that is a bit of exxageration) but they are very frequent, and VERY strong. Much stronger than with either of my first pregnancies. She then asked if when I sat down do they go away or drink water etc. Well, no they don't, and the most common time I get them is when I sitting down. Of course they happen all through the day even when I am walking, but aqlso laying in bed, watching TV, etc. So she said she wanted to check me just to make sure nothing is going on. Well, then my hell starts. I am 50% effaced already, and about 2 cm dilated. The babies head is down, which is good news, that she is not breech anymore, YAY! But as of now, I have been given orders to "take it easy" which means no picking up my children, no sex, no excessive walking, like shopping, etc. No standing for long periods of time, no NOTHING. I guess in all reality that it could be worse and it could be strict bedrest, but this is torture enough. Oh, and I am down to appointments every 2 weeks, and they will check my cervix at every appointment from here on out. yippeee...just what I wanted was someone prodding me every two weeks. Someone OTHER than my husband. So that is my update. I am sobbing and going to bed for a while. That is if I can get Gracie to take a nap. Pray that I don't lose my mind.

    3 Comments:

    • At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      :-(

      Sorry you have had a hard pregnancy.
      Let's hope that things settle and you are able to hold off having the baby for a bit longer.
      Hubby will have to look after you for a bit hey..
      Take care.

       
    • At 5:52 AM, Blogger Heather P. said…

      Tell your little one it isn't time yet! take it easy and keep baby baking for a little while longer!

       
    • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Sporty said…

      I know that it must suck having to take it easy and having the frequent appointments, but be thankful that your doctor checked and you know where you stand with the pregnancy.

      I will keep you in my thoughts and pray that the little one keeps baking!

      Take care.

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home