My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Sunday, November 06, 2005

    Am I Crazy?

    Maybe I am.... see, ever since we had the ultra sound, I just am not convinced...I know that sounds weird, but I just knew in my head that this baby was a boy. And then with the ultra sound saying it's a girl, I still cannot for the life of me convince myself that it's a girl. With Chandler, we saw his "parts" and with Gracie, we saw her "parts" very distinguished "parts". But with this one, we never got to see that. The baby was breech, which put her pelvis way down low, and she could never get a clear view of things, she said she just saw signs of it being a girl and n osigns of it being a boy...so am I crazy?? Am I just thinking this stuff up because I have nothing better to do? My husband thinks I need a hobby... lol. So I may try to bribe my doctor into giving us another ultrasound later on to see what he thinks. I can always use my sons history to get one, I just don't like to use that. What do you think?

    Daniel left today for a week, he went to Tennessee to test for his A&P license (an aircraft mechanic license). I haven't cried so hard in a long time. I am the first to admit that I am a big baby when it comes to being home alone. I hate it, I never have gotten used to it. and now I have a whole week ALONE. A whole week of being a single parent, trying to keep my hair from turning grey and keep my sanity while keeping my kids from killing each other. We'll see if it's possible. He left at 10 am, and it's only 2 pm, and I want him HOME ALREADY. It's times like these that really show me how much I love him with all my heart. He really is my rock, even if I don't always show it to him. I think he is worried about the pregnancy while he is gone. he kept rubbing my belly saying "you sit tight, but grow, okay"?

    So this week could mean one of two things, I blog a lot, out of pure boredom, or I blog none, because I have hibernated while he is gone. I do want to get some serious cleaning done while he is gone. Of course the cleaning that I want to do is stuff that he wont even notice. I like to clean out the closets and he surely wont notice that. But it will be one less thing that I have to do when I get into the nesting stage. That is such a horrible stage for me, I sometimes stay awake all night gong from one thing to the next cleaning and re-cleaning. Daniel says he loves it, because the house is always sparkly when I am done. I just wish I could hit that stage before the holidays, but no chance of that, huh? I just really love for my house to be spotless for the hoildays.

    Well, I am going now. I am babysitting today (my neice) and it is not as easy as I thought it would be. I can't get anyone to take a nap, and I am dying for one!! Can't kids just understand that one day, they will be begging for naps??

    5 Comments:

    • At 5:43 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

      I don't think you are crazy - especially if you didn't get a 100% clear shot of the baby. I knew my son was a boy from 6 weeks - I know that sounds crazy - but we never even tried to think of a girl's name - I just kept calling my baby Joey - I guess I would have been screwed if it was a girl - I would have had to name it Josephine!

      I am glad everything is going well - even if DH isn't home. Have a good one!

       
    • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Heather P. said…

      I don't think you are crazy! I didn't believe this one was a little boy until we had a 2nd confirmation. I go in Friday for another and hoping to get a 3rd. I found out at 18 weeks and then again at 22 weeks that it was a boy. It took from the initial onset about 8 weeks to get it into my head.

      Try to have fun while hubby is away.

       
    • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Sporty said…

      I don't think that you are crazy either. If you didn't get a definitive shot, I wouldn't be completely convinced either.

      Sorry that you dh is out of town. I know how bad it sucks. Mine has been out of town for work every week since I have been pg. Last week was his first week home. Talk about enjoying that!

      Well, take care and have a good one.

       
    • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Ally said…

      That's why it's called women's intuition! You are not crazy!!

      I know how if feels to have DH gone...mine will be gone two weeks this time. I hope you can have some fun while he's away.

      Take care.

      :)

       
    • At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Well, I guess we will see soon enough. I agree with the other ladies... Mothers know best. :-)

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home