My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Saturday, December 03, 2005

    Ten Years and counting....

    Can you believe that it is already December and the year is almost gone?? It seems like 2005 just got here in a way.

    I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with just my family, and lots of good food. I ate more than enough, which I knew I would do, and it was well worth it. There aren't too many meals where you have that much food in one sitting.I know I gained several pounds that week...

    Gracie had her 3rd Birthday party on Saturday, and she loved it. She was so excited for everyone to be coming just to see her. And the fact that there was pizza, cake and punch made it even more fun for her. She did so well, and was so well behaved I could not believe that it was my daughter. She really is growing up so fast. And she got big girl panties and we are on the track to potty training, and she is doing wonderful! If I can get it done by Christmas, I will be happy. Just so I can have like 1 or 2 months to not have to buy pampers before the baby comes. that would be a great break!

    I colored my hair the other day...I had used the same highlites when I first got pregnant, and it turned out good, then I went to touch up my roots on Wednesday and it came out horrible....I mean really, really bad. So I had to go out last night looking like an overstuffed scarecrow and buy more haircolor and go back to brown, except I went with a bit of a red tint which is a first for me. And ya know what? I like it!! It is different and maybe that is what I needed. I have no color in my face when I am pregnant and so my eyes look even browner now, so I think it looks good. Thank God.... I really didn't want to have to explain myself to the hair salon.

    I have an OB appointment on Tuesday, so I will see just how much weight I have gained recently. Over the holidays, my nephew screwed up my scales so I have not been able to weigh myself since then...maybe it's a good thing. I can feel the baby moving around all the time now, she is really active. So I will update after my appointment.

    I am still trying to get things done for Christmas, I have lots more to buy. Although I am done shopping for my children, I still haven't done anything for Daniel or any other family member. And I really don't know when I am going to get a babysitter and get out to do anything.

    We had our 10th Anniversary yesterday. TEN YEARS. How amazing is that??? I am so lucky to have found the perfect man. We didn't do anything at all to celebrate. We didn't have a sitter for the kids, so we went to McDonalds and brought home food and watched a movie in the floor. It was so nice. I wouldn't have it any other way. I know giving gifts is nice, but we don't have to give gifts every year to express our love for each other. We know it is there, and always will be no matter what.

    I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

    2 Comments:

    • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Heather P. said…

      Congratulations on 10 years!!! Glad the holiday went well!!! hope your appt does too!!

       
    • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Ally said…

      Hi Heather...just checking in on ya.

      I'm glad you're doing well. Congrats on the 10 years...that's just awesome.

      Take care of yourself and have a wonderful Xmas with Grace and Chandler!!

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home