My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Saturday, February 12, 2005

    The week of suck...

    It seems like forever since I have been on here, so I have some catching up to do. My daughter was put in the hospital on Monday, and we were sent home yesterday...finally! She is getting better, slowly. She is now on all kinds of medications and breathing treatments every four hours. Her final diagnosis was walking pneumonia. Her antibiotics were not working the whole first week she was taking them, because they thought it was viral pneumonia. So now she is on the correct medicine for bacteria.

    I know this year is the year of the rooster, so I have officially named my week the week of suck. It has been so bad, and so long. I am glad it is almost over. Gracie did so well at the hospital, and I am so proud of her. I have to say I was scared out of my mind she was so sick. But we made it, and wer're home. I really don't want to go into great detail about her hospital stay, I really just want it out of my mind.

    I went to catch up on the PW board, and nothing is happening! It is like our board has almost died since the over a year girls left. I hate it now. I mean there are still some girls on there that are supportive, and they do post some, but it is so slow now. Sad enough, I got AF yesterday, so I am out for this month. I was reading in Lesley's Blog that she fears she may be going through a time where she backs off of TTC. I can totally understand where she is coming from. I am really contemplating giving up trying and just seeing what happens. It is taking such a toll on us both that we are getting sick of the disappointment. So we'll see. And I know we cannot afford to go to the doctor now since Gracie's sickness, that bill will probably set us back.

    Valentine's Day is coming up, and i have nothing planned. I am such a bad Mom. Daniel and I usually don't do much for the day, but I haven't even done anything for the kids yet. It may just be brownies. I hope everyone else has a good holiday.

    Thanks to you all for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers while Gracie has been sick. It means so much to us to have close friends who think of us. Have a great weekend!

    1 Comments:

    • At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I am so glad you can now relax a bit with Gracie.. and now you might get a bit of a chance to rest yourself. Hope you work your Valentines Day thing out.. It can be hard to think of something or go to the effort sometimes.
      Have a lovely day :-)
      Luv Lesley

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home