My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Friday, January 28, 2005

    Backlogged idiots...

    Ugghhh! What is up with Pregnancy Weekly's forums?? The one day that I can get online while the kids are sleeping, and they are having "internal problems". That figures. I just wish they could get it together and keep it that way. And to top it off, my snuggle pie ticker is having problems too. Freggin' technology.

    Today has been b-u-s-y. This morning, Chandler's teacher came for a home visit. She does that every other week so I can stay up on what all is going on in the classroom. All is well in the classroom, thank goodness. Other than the occasional biting of anything in sight, he is great. And he seems to be having a possessiveness problem (is that even a word?)with the teacher's aide. He seems to like her and want her to himself.

    Gracie will be starting speech therapy in a few months. Here's my dilemma: she turned two in November, and she still only has about 20 words that she can say. And those words are not real clear. So with Chandler having his problem, I am a bit of a worry wart thinking anything could be wrong with her. So I spoke with Chandler's teacher and she recommended therapy. And even if it turns out to be no problem for her, I guess then we can stop it. Maybe she just needs that extra push into talking. Since she doesn't hear Chandler talking and he seems to get everything he wants, then she figures, hey what's good for the goose...right? So hopefully, this will work for her. And the therapist is the same lady that Chandler see's and I just love her. She is great with kids. So I will keep updating as things progress.

    That is it for me now. I have to get some cleaning done while the kids are sleeping. My house looks like....well, it looks like I have kids!

    1 Comments:

    • At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Hey Heather,
      I know what you mean about Pw..I also had computer problems, computer battery died... So I have been trying to catch up with everything... and then when I just start to post on Pw it goes down. Typical... Too much fancy stuff on there back logging it up. Hey my son Ayden is still having difficulty with his speech and he is nearly 5. He is progressing but slowly.. We took him to a speech therapist and she wanted him to be in a group with kids that had the same speech problems..lol Gee, that would help lots! I want him to be around kids that are speaking well, so they teach him, as he has no kids his age outside of Kinder to learn off at the moment , also he is missing 3 front teeth.lol so that makes some speech difficult, also being an only child, he has not had to talk as early as others with siblings or that have gone to a regular day care, they seem to talk earlier, maybe due to having to speak for themselves more. So I think my son just needs more time with other kids, that is one of the best teachers, but as you say with your son and his "problems" you want to make sure you are prepared if she needs more attention. It sounds like Chandler has got a good friend in the aide he has at school. I am an Intergration aide so know the special bond that can be formed, it's great and I am glad he has found someone you are happy with him being around and learning from and he feels comfortable with and will learn from. It all sounds positive with him and thats so great. I hope you have a great day tomorrow.
      Lesley

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home