My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Wednesday, February 02, 2005

    It's confirmed...

    It has been confirmed that Gracie does have pneumonia. I guess yesterday was my day to be upset and scared about it, now it is my husband's turn. His cousin died from pneumonia, though. So he has every right to be afraid. And no joke, it is nothing to sneeze at, but I can not allow myself to be consumed with worry. Especially when the little sick one is running circles around me. I just wish I had an ounce of her energy, even when she is sick. So she and I are under house arrest for a while. We go to the doctor tomorrow for a check up, so I'll keep you all posted.

    Today has been another blah day. I am getting tired of these blah days. I need some spice. Something other than the routine of waking, kids, cleaning, eating, cleaning some more, laundry, baths, bedtime. My dog desperately needs a bath, and the poor thing has been neglected. How terrible of me. But she stinks...like a dog. I go through way too much dog cologne just so she doesn't smell like a dog. Is that weird? Yeah, I guess it is. And she's a beagle for crying out loud! sheesh...

    We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow. Although I can't say I believe one word of what they say. But now that Gracie is sick, I don't want it to snow. Spring, come on in! I mean, how fair would it be for me to leave her in the house and I was to go out and play....bad mommy.
    She learned a new word today, "okay". She says it all the time now. She is so proud of herself. And it would suit me just fine if she started talking before I go through the trouble of setting up speech therapy.

    I had a groom this morning, it was no fun at all. The dog was in such terrible shape, I could have choked the owner. He had sores on him, under his matted hair. And ear mites, I won't even say how bad that was. So I did my best, shaved him pretty short, and sent him on his way. It is so hard to tell owners, "if you would take 5 minutes out of your busy day to brush your pet, they wouldn't be in this pain"....try explaining that! You usually get very angry owners. I totally understand people wanting cute, long haired, frilly dogs, but take care of them, it's the least you can do! Geez, give your kid a hairbrush and let them do it if you can't! I could go on and on about that...

    I am a little sad. Today on Pregnancy Weekly, they got a new board set up for the ladies who have been trying to conceive for over a year. I'm sad to see them go. I totally understand they need that board, and soon, I can join them (hopefully I will get pregnant before then) but it will be a very lonely board without them. I am happy that all their voices were heard and it was created, but still....waaaa.....I'm whining now. Okay, bedtime for me. It's been a long day.

    2 Comments:

    • At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Heather, Gracie is adorable..I do hope she is better really soon. She sounds like a little goer, must have you run off your feet. well, your dogs as well. lol.
      Hope the weather does clear up for you a bit and you can start enjoying some spring weather.
      Have a good day.
      Lesley

       
    • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Sasha@Pw said…

      i hope she gets better soon! hope the doctor's appt. went well.

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home