My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Thursday, February 03, 2005

    An update

    I took Gracie back to the doctor today for a check up. It turns out she is not doing any better. But I had to drag her out in the snow with pneumonia for the doctor to tell me she is still sick. She had to get two shots, and we go back tomorrow for a third shot. She was a champ, she took them real good. I mean, don't get me wrong, she cried real hard, but as soon as it was over, she threw her arms up for me to hold her and she sobbed her little heart out. And then I started. How come we can go through so much pain, and keep it together, but when our children hurt, my heart hurts. Literally, my heart ached for her, I wanted so badly to take it all away from her. And the nurses have gotten to know me pretty well, they make me lay across Gracie's chest and "hold her down" which is their code for giving me something to do so I don't A: vomit or B: pass out. They know me very well. Doctors get pretty pissed when people pass out at the sight of needles. I know, I'm lame, and after two kids and what felt like thousands of IV's for fluids during the pregnancies, I should be very used to needles, but I'm not. But her oxygen was little low, but not low enough to put her in the hospital, and her heart was racing, which alarmed everyone, so I guess they will check that tomorrow. Boy my insurance company is going to love me.

    It's snowing here. A real wet, heavy snow. The roads are not bad, even though there is a lot of sleet mixed in with it. Get this, every county around here is closed, except ours, so my poor little boy is watching the snow fall from a school window. I used to hate those days, watching the snow fall while I was trying to pay atention in class. It makes for a miserable day.

    So that's the update on the doctor visit. I am hoping to hear good news from Wyoming, saying she is in labor....I hope?? Take care, all.

    1 Comments:

    • At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Hi Heather, poor Gracie, It's hard enough to have needles, let alone when your that little and really really sick, I do hope she gets better really soon, the weather would not be helping much .I know the feeling of helplessness when your little one is hurt or sick and you can't do anything to help them but comfort them.
      Hope tomorrow is a better day for you and Gracie..
      Luv Lesley

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home