My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Wednesday, January 19, 2005

    The first snow day

    Finally, some snow. You know, when it snows, I really don't mind the cold. And this is our first snow of the season. How nice. It is only about an inch, but it is still pretty. And the greatest thing...they didn't cancel school! I am in shock. For some reason, the schools here want to close with the first snowflake that falls. And they are calling for snow showers tomorrow night and this weekend! How exciting! Maybe we'll get a little more, and I can take the kids out in it to play. The best thing we do every year that it snows is we get the kids all bundled up, and hook up a booster seat on a sled for Chandler, since he can't sit up properly, then we set Gracie in front of him, tie a long rope to the sled and hook it to our dalmatian's collar. We walk the dog and he pulls the kids. It is so much fun. I'll have to take pictures and post one soon.

    My neice is in the hospital. She is 3 and has pneumonia. She has never had the best of health, she battles with asthma and has been very sick in the past with it. So I am sending out an extra prayer for Cortney that she will get better. As of now, she is on Albuterol (sp?) and she is a wild child. She was like a caged animal last night when I went to visit her.

    Today I am on cycle day 8. Daniel and I talked about it, and since we really don't know when I will ovulate this month, we plan to baby dance every other day starting today. Lucky him, huh? I don't temp. and I don't chart anything, I have gone by CM and two months we used ovulation tests. The first month it worked like a charm, told me when I would ovulate, but the next month, it said I didn't ovulate all month. What the ??? So I guess, in the next few months, I need to decide if I want to go see a doctor or not. I will be the first to admit, I am petrified of doctors. yes, even after two kids and kidney stones, etc. I HATE DOCTORS. But I am gonna have to suck it up and go see one. That is, if I don't get pregnant this month.

    See, I had it planned that I would have all my children by the time I was 30. Well, since my birthday is August 14th, those of you that can count, I have missed my chance. So, I changed my "life goal" to being pregnant by the time I am 30. I don't know why, I just have this fear of giving birth after that age. Growing up, 30 was like a magic number, once you reach that, your life is over. Well, now at 29, I am wanting to change my views. I was very naive, still am to an extent, but hey, I am willing to bend some. So now if I get pregnant, I will be "big pregnant" in the summer, which I hate. I did that with my daughter, and I was so big feeling, that I just really don't want to do that again. With my son, I was big during the winter and that worked well for me. So my husband and I just bought a time share, and now we will be going on vacation in August, and I may be big. Me pregnant in a bathing suit is awful. Let me just say, I am pretty small framed, a B cup at best. Exactly one month after I get pregnant (with both kids) I swell to a D cup. Now some ladies think that is great, not me. My legs look like stilts, my arms like twigs, my belly like a basketball, and boobs big enough to compete with Dolly. So bathing suits are not my idea of fun while pregnant. Now that all this is off my chest, I am get busy baby dancing.


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home