My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Friday, November 26, 2004

    Thanksgiving bloat and the day after

    I am still trying to get over the holiday. My hands are still trying ot get over the 20 pounds of potatoes that I peeled. It always turns out to be such a busy day with preparations that you barely get to enjoy it, except for that 30-45 minutes that you cram as much food into your stomach as humanly possible. And I usually conquer that with no problem. Then it's the mad rush to get the table cleared and cleaned up, throw away all the things that will stink, and then rush to get out the dessert. My family always waits a while to eat dessert, that way our meal has time to settle into our thighs,a nd then we can add to it, with a huge slice of pumpkin pie and a half gallon of cool whip. You know the cool whip itself could be my dessert. Some of us stick around to play games afterwards, you know those of us that can tolerate each other for longer than a half day. But in the end, everyone looked beautiful, the food was great and the day was a success. Whew! And I have to add that my kids were excellent. Not bragging, because all the kids were good, but my kids seem to take the gold medal with stirring up problems at family get togethers. Mind you that my daughter is 2. The simple task of getting her to use a fork through the whole meal is like climbing Mount Everest.

    This morning, I am looking back at it, wondering what exactly happend, wondering where all the food went when I really need some good turkey gravy and rolls. I'm telling you, a pot of coffee, a pot of gravy and 14 rolls and I am set! So healthy, huh?

    The day after is always so depressing. My husband always has to go back to work, the kids are always out of school, and the sales are always beginning for the holidays. And I have a DIRTY house. How fair is that? So my weekend will be spent cleaning and keeping the kids entertained and from killing each other. It gets hard, you see, my son goes to school, and my daughter sometimes I swear is the spawn of Satan. So when they get together, they get so rough and rowdy and just can't seem to keep their hands to themselves. It's like peeling the skin off of a grape when they fight. There is no breaking it up. I long for a day that I can relax the day after holidays. Am I crazy? Will that ever happen? Probably not.

    Okay, on Tuesday of the week, my husband and I did something very different. We went on a date! I think this was like #3 date since we've had kids. But since our #9 Anniversary is coming up on the 2nd of December, we decided to go for it. The Trans Siberian Orchestra was playing in Richmond and we went to it. Granted we couldn't go out for a nice dinner before hand since our babysitter couldn't get there until last minute but, it was great. I've never been to a better concert. Granted I've only been to country music concerts, which is my music of choice, but this was an excellent concert. For those of you who have not heard them, do it!! They did the original Christmas story form their CD "Christmas Eve and other Stories" but they also did songs from their new CD and many, many others. I was so impressed! These guys can play, and keep playing until you thought they couldn't do it any longer. The night turned out to be great, and we enjoyed our time alone, but we were still happy to come home to our two sleeping angels.


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home