My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Friday, July 01, 2005

    My rambling...

    I got an email from my best friend today saying that maybe I should take the summer off from TTC.....I honestly have been thinking about it. When Gracie hid my BBThermometer, I couldn't help thinking maybe this is what I need, maybe I am in need of a break. I go on vacation the second week of August and I don't know if I want to drag my notbook and thermometer with me or not. What fun would that be to have to wake up at 6:10 am every morning? So many people get pregnant when they stop trying, or so I hear....but what does it mean to "stop trying"? I mean, we'll still be having sex primarily to get pregnant, right? And yeah so they say just have fun with sex, um.....well, nevermind. So I may take her advice and see what happens with it. I mean the summer only has what like two months left, well, until school starts and then I may start my temping back up when school starts back up. But you know, also, every time I got to the bathroom and see CM, how the heck do you not jump his bones "trying to get pregnant"? I'm a worrier by nature so it may not work at all, but we'll see. But also, I really want a summer baby, (yes, I am being picky here). But really, if I was to get pregnant now, I'd be due in what, like April-ish? But if I was to wait till school starts, if for some reason I was to get pregnant right away, I could have the hot summer baby...what d'ya think? I know, wishful thinkin, huh.

    As far as anything else in life, it is pretty dull around here. I'm trying to catch up on house work but I find myself sitting and eating an awful lot, too. It's so hot outdoors and the humidity is so stinkin high, I don't even want to go out. Sadly, I have not been in the pool once this year. I'm pathetic.

    On a good note....ATTENTION EVERYONE***** I have quit biting my nails!!! I know, it's a nasty habit, and one that I have done all my life. I'm not just a nail biter, but a nub biter I should say. I quit biting them two and a half weeks ago and I still have nails!! I have not caved once! Yay for me!!*****

    Oh, and an update on the kid...my little girl is starting to talk. You may recall that she was a bit delayed in the speech area and we tossed around the idea of therapy, but we opted not to just yet and it paid off. She is talking...on her own terms but it is coming along slowly but surely. There are days that she talks alot and others that she doesn't say one word...go figure. But she didn't start in small words, she has started in sentences....like for instance the other day I came in from work and crashed on the floor to cool off for a minute and she comes over to me, pulls my hair from my face and says "Mommy, you kay? Mommy was wrong?" If I had not been in the floor already I would have fallen out. Why do our kids worry us so much? Do they get jelly beans during the night for worrying us or something? She is saying a lot more than that too, she told me one day "Mommy, I see a bug...mommy, yook, dead bug!" Hooray for Gracie! Any one have any ear plugs now?....

    2 Comments:

    • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Heather P. said…

      What people mean when they say stop trying is to stop all the stuff that you do that kind of consumes you. Stop temping Stop looking for cm if you see well great. Stop the madness that drives us everyday to temp chart ect. It is just a nice way of saying just relax about it. I don't see a problem with it when someone is ready to here that. I don't see a problem with not trying at all. I know that I have taken many breaks over the last 12 years! Sometimes they are so needed (breaks) I know since I turned 31 and became obsessed with my age that taking a break was not possible!!

       
    • At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I am doing all that now. I have not ttc for a few months now.. It has not worked for me... Well, neither has anything else either I guess.. So the break thing is crap as well but it is more relaxing and easier on the mind...
      Hugs and I hope the not trying works for you..
      Love Lesley

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home