My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Thursday, June 16, 2005

    Not much going on

    I guess I should update since it has been so long. There is not a lot going on lately. School is out for the summer, and Chandler is handling the change well so far. Gracie has started dance class now. Her first class was yesterday, and she did awesome. It was hard to get her to go without me, but once she was in the class, it went very well. I would have given anything to have been a fly on the wall to see how she did. I posted pictures below of the special occasion. I just can't believe how big she is getting. I am losing the little baby that I once had and now she is becoming the little girl that I always wanted. I miss my baby though. I miss the way she needed me for everything and how she was dependant on me for things. It is hard to let go of the things like that. And it kills me to think that I may not ever experience these things again. I just don't know if we will ever have another child. Maybe it is not God's plan, maybe I should just be happy with what I have got. I feel so torn because Daniel and I want another child so badly, but then again, maybe it's not in our cards. So are we supposed to keep trying and stressing and going through the let down each month, or do we just give up and make the most of what we have now? I don't expect and answer, I just need to air this crap.

    We are taking the kids to the lake on Saturday. I figure we need to get Chandler in the water and since our pool is not ready yet, we'll go and make a day of it. He was supposed to do aquatics therapy this summer, but he can't do it until we get his tummy straightened out.

    Summer is finally here, it has been high 90's all week. And with the humidity and heat index, you can call it over a hundred. It's sad when I have to wait till almost 9 pm to mow the yard, but it beats going out and baking in the heat. On the other hand this weather has been awesome for my tomatoes. I may just have to post a picture of them. This is the first year I have ever had luck with tomatoes. As it looks now, I will have enough to share with the neighbors! I know my Granddad could use them. He is getting too old to take care of his garden this year and it is really bothering him to see everyone else's gardens doing so well. But at 94, he really should be ready to sit back and relax some, you'd think.

    On the TTC front, today is AF day, I am sure she will be here before night fall. And what is weird is that I really could care less. Back to trying as soon as she leaves I guess. It's just weird how some months it can make me an emotional wreck and others....woopty doo. I know I haven't been on PW much lately. I still lurk, but just don't post real often. I just need some time to think. But I still pray for you girls every night.

    Everyone take care and have a great weekend!

    3 Comments:

    • At 8:51 PM, Blogger Ally said…

      I know exactly what you're goig through Heather. It stinks to be in such a funk and not have any control on how to get over it.
      Just know you're a great mother and wife and your family needs you to be strong. I keep telling myself that and somehow it helps be deal a little better.

      I'm glad Chandler isn't regressing too bad. My son is doign well with summer school but I dont' know how he will handle the change to SA. New school, house, etc does alot to our special kids. Somehow, they persevere. And so shall we :)

      I hope AF makes her presence quick and painless for you. Someone really needs to give her a good swift kick in the pants.

      Take care of yourself. :)

       
    • At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Heather..Hugs.. I really hope you don't get af. We are on the same cycle day, it is just too weird. I am waiting for af to show too.
      I hope that this weekend is a nice one for you and I think Gracie is just adorable...... They grow too fast, I agree. We are so lucky to have them though.
      Take care.
      Love Lesley

       
    • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Ineke said…

      Wow, being dutch i really thought you spoke of a (not very loved) family member when you wrote AF.
      From the other comments i now understand it's your period (hope that i am right now and not making a total fool of myself).
      R and I have 3 children. After the second one, he suddenly (i always thought we had agreed 3 would be perfect)said, he was OK with this family and i felt -don't know if that's the right word- had.
      Like played with.
      Wait a minute, this was not how "we" agreed. He turned around.
      Now i know your situation is not the same, but i understand the feeling of wanting so very bad another child and not knowing whether it is going to happen. And especially because you already have children it sometimes is very hard to explain to others (who long for their first one)that the wanting/longing for is the same.
      Hope i am making sense here.
      I wish you all the luck and your 3rd one will arrive soon.

      gr. from a sunny Rotterdam in the Netherlands.

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home