My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Tuesday, November 13, 2007

    I'm back...a year later

    Hey everybody! I thought I would take a minute and drop in...if anyone still reads this thing. I just went and checked in on everyone that I used to read about religiously. I miss reading so much. It seems like kids are keeping everyone from blogging as much as we used to. I love seeing the pics of every ones children, they are all so beautiful. So much has been going on in the last year, I don't even know where to begin. Chandler is 8 now, Gracie is 4 (5 in a week) and Madison is 20 months. Wheeee!!! Chandler is doing well, he still faces a lot of the same challenges that he has in the past, not talking, not self feeding, etc. But he enjoys school a lot, and he has a personal aide now that is with him throughout the whole school day and even while he is on the bus, and that has been so nice! Gracie started pre-school this year, she is allowed to ride the bus with Chandler, so that eases my mind a lot. In our county, the smallest of children ride the same bus as the high schoolers, and I was not crazy about that, so I got it fixed the first day of school. She loves school, and has learned so much since she has started. She also played soccer this year, I was so proud of her. She really liked and did well. It's cute to see such little kids play together as a team. I took way too many pictures, and may post them eventually. Madison is doing the normal things that babies do. She gets into everything, is learning to throw tantrums, she knows how to get her way and is good at it. She is a spunky little thing, too. She looks so much like Chandler, with the dark hair and dark eyes. And she babbles all the time. In her own language of course. She says a few words but would rather speak in her own way.

    Daniel and I are good, we are coming up on our 12 year anniversary in a few weeks. I can't believe that it has been this long. I don't feel old enough to have been married that long! But we've made it, through the good and the bad. I've been having a few medical problems lately, but not too much that is dangerous. I have been dealing with some depression, for a while now, and I had just put it off for too long, until I just about lost my mind. I noticed it was piling on, and I was so angry and would just get so angry so fast...then Daniel pointed it out to me, and then I knew I had to do something about it. The doctor put me on Zoloft, wayyyy to much of it, because when i took it, it was knocking me out for half the day, I could not even function. I had NO feelings, and had no emotions. I hated it, so I started taking half the dosage and that seemed to work better for me. Then after being on it for a while, my grandmother passed away (it had been a long battle) and so I stopped taking the medication. I felt good again, and didn't have to be dependant on the meds. Well, I started to feel myself falling into it again, so I went back on the meds a week ago, and now I am having weird symptoms, my heart is racing, feels like someone sitting on my chest, so I think I am just going to stop taking it again. We'll have to see how it goes.

    Thanksgiving will be interesting this year, we're going to my MIL's...I am dreading it, seriously. I have so many ill feelings toward that woman, that I can't even imagine spending the day with her, but I have no choice... so we're driving up to Roanoke to visit and eat a meal, then driving back home and having a long weekend here at the house by ourselves. So wish me luck! I think I'm gonna pick this blogging thing back up, I've missed it so much. And it is nice to be able to get this out of my head. Oh and I forgot to mention that I am opening up my pet grooming shop again. I had to close down when I was pregnant with Madison because I got so ill, but now I taking the plunge again, so I'll be writing how that goes also! I've missed you all!!

    3 Comments:

    • At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Heather, it was so nice to read your comment on my Blog and then be able to read your Blog and get updates on how you and your beautiful family are. I'm sorry about your battle with depression. I seem to have the same battle, I can be fine for up to a year with very managable depression and then it will hit me hard. If that med isn't workinf for you there are so many other types out there. So if your not able to cope alone try a diff med. All have side effects unfortunatly some worse than others.
      Wow, are the kids growing up! It's nice to hear all about them and also good luck with the re-opening of your Dog grooming business. LAst time you did well and I am sure you will again.
      Hugs'n'Luv Lesley

       
    • At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Happy New Year. I hope you all had a fantastice Christmas too.
      Hugs..Lesley

       
    • At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      How are you? Since it's April 08 already..Please can we have another update?
      Hugs, Lesley

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home