My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Thursday, April 13, 2006

    My long needed update

    I feel like I have been gone forever, and I know it seems that way to you all. Sorry, things around here are taking some getting used to. Chandler has been on spring break this week, so having three is weird. Maddie is doing wonderful and growing like a little weed. She still is not gettin gthe day and night thing down pat yet, but we're working on it. Gracie and Chandler are doing good, and Gracie is really excited about Easter. We are trying to get her to leave her binkies in a basket for the Easter Bunny in exchange for her basket but we just don't know if it will work out or not. She is just at the age where she really needs to get rid of them completely. She only gets it at night, but she has a basket full of them and each night, we have to dig through them all to see just which one she might want to have that night, it really just means she is stalling bedtime, and it gets quite old. So Saturday night, wish us luck that it all goes well....it could be a very long night for the whole McSherry household.

    I am doing okay, I am still pretty tired, ubt my body is getting used to the small amounts of sleep, and I am learning to just use what energy I have. Some days I feel like I am running on fumes. I am having some "emotional" problems with my weight. I have always been very small, even when I didn't want to be that small, I use to try everything in my power to gain weight and nothing worked. Now I have the weight and it is just too much. I know she is only a month old, and to be honest, it is not the NUMBER that bothers me, it is the look. If only it could be toned, but getting to exercise is no option at this point for me. My stomach is still huge, literally, I look as if I am 6 months pregnant, and some people have even asked if I am pregnant. It is humiliating. With Chandler and Gracie, it fell off, but this time around is so much more difficult. Everyone said with breastfeeding the weight just falls off, but I am finding that to be not so true with me. But I am coping with it. It is one of those things that I deal with day to day and hope that I can handle it. Some days are worse than others (days that I have to go out in public and find something to wear)...it sucks. But enough whining....

    I have a screaming little one waiting to be fed, but I want to say hello to everyone and I miss you all!

    2 Comments:

    • At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Wishing you luck with the exchange on Sunday ( Today) Happy Easter.
      The weather will be getting warmer and you'll feel more motivated when you get more rest. Don't worry about the weight thing. Better to have some weight on and be more healthy than too thin hey..
      Talk care and enjoy your day.
      Hugs,Lesley

       
    • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Ally said…

      Heather!! Where are the pics of little maddie???

      I hope you're feeling ok...take care, kiss the kids and have a Happy Easter!!

      :)

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home