My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Friday, January 27, 2006

    My poor sick boy...

    Today Chandler came home from school sick. He had been vomiting and has been ever since. I feel so bad for him, he is just laying in the bed moaning. And there is very little that I can do for him. Life can be so cruel sometimes. So it may be a long weekend for us. We had big plans to work outside on the swingset this weekend, but that may be changing now. Well, I say we had big plans, more like Daniel had big plans and I was going to sit on my butt and be a good patient and not do any "work". I like supervising better anyway.

    I have finally hit the first stage of "nesting" I think...I woke up this morning with the urge to do something other than sit on my tail. So I took it as easy as I could and put gloves on and got to work. I also made Gracie help, which she doesn't seem to mind yet. I ran the kitchen sink full of hot soapy water and gave her a rag and told her to wash off every surface she could find. That keeps a 3 year old busy for a long time, ya know? So long as they remember to ring out the rag before they trapse across the floor....I won't go there. Then I got the call to come pick Chandler up from school, so ever since then I have been cleaning him up and washing his dirty clothes...yick. I so wish i could be more into this nesting thing by now. I was full into it by now with my first two pregnancies, but with this one, it is all I can do to pull myself off the couch anymore. I feel like such a louse.

    On the baby front, I am feeling well; she is an active one, that is for sure. She is as active as Grace was when I carried her...I am not sure if that is a good sign or not. Chandler was always so laid back and was gentle on me, but these last two are giving me a run for my money. I am gaining weight again after being sick last week, and I certainly have my appetite back. I am on a prescription for the acid reflux which is working like a charm. Who knew medicine coul dmake you feel so good. I am not a big pill popper, but I swear by these things...and still the Zofran. That nausea and morning sickness is a kicker still ...And the best news et is that I have less than 8 weeks to go!! Only 57 more days to go!! Yay! The scarey thing is that I still have almost 8 weeks to grow...and I feel stretched to the max as it is. My skin almost burns it is so tight, but I know it won't pop...at least it never has before :o)

    I am little depressed that I don't have a nursery to set up this time around. That takes some of the fun out of being pregnant. Usually this time, you are so busy with setting up the crib and painting and decorating, but since the baby will be sharing a room with Gracie, I can't do anything. I still have not set up the crib for fear that Gracie will want to go back to her old ways and sleep in it, so we will just wait until the last monute to set that up. All the clothes are washed and ready for her arrival, though. And it is somewhat depressing not to have a baby shower this time around. I know I shouldn't expect one, since it is our third, but they are so much fun...even though I hate being the center of attention. It is always nice to get gifts no matter what age you are. And I do plan to have a "meet the baby" party after she arrives, just to give everyone a chance to come and spend a day with us and google over her for a while.

    Other than that, my life has been so boring lately. Nothing to report other than that. I so hope that Chas and Heathers babies are doing well and they are enjoying their time with them. Having a new baby is so mch fun and can be so rewarding. Being a mom is the greatest feeling in the world. It can be taxing, but it is SUCH a reward. To know that God blessed you with such a wonderful gift, and entrusted us with these tiny creatures, that says it all. I pray that all the IPP girls have their dreams come true one day.

    ***I know you may be wondering if I will keep this blog going now that I have the "baby" blog...YES!!! I want two, and here are my reasons. This blog is for everyone that has been through my journey of trying to get pregnant, and so on. My family does not know of this blog and I'd like to keep it that way. The new blog, will be for my family to be able to read and be up to date with my pregnancy and pictures of the baby once she arrives. ***

    2 Comments:

    • At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I do hope that he's feeling better soon, poor thing!

      I hate it when we feel so helpless because we can't take away the pain.

      Hope your week gets better.
      Take care,
      Lesley

       
    • At 7:29 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

      I hope Chandler is feeling better.

      Good for you that you are nesting - I can't get my fat ass off the couch - I wish nesting would kick in already!

      I am glad that you are feeling good and I can definately relate to feeling like you are going to explode.
      Not too much longer - keep up the good work!

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home