My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Saturday, April 16, 2005

    Just thinking...

    I'm sitting here typing this while I watch my grandparents in their garden. I know that sounds corny, but my Grandad is 94, and my Grandma is 91. They are planting their garden, something they have done for their whole life. So I'm thinking to myself, do I even want to be alive when I am 94? But then I look out at them again and think, if life can be like that, then count me in. Don't get me wrong, they have their ailments, my Grandma has dementia, so she has trouble even remembering who are, but she can still get around pretty good. I will admit that they are hard people to be around. They repeat themselves so often that it is hard to even carry on a conversation with them. But just knowing that they have been blessed with such a long life, I know that God has them in his hands. My Grandad was a minister just about all his adult life. He also was a worker. I have never known anyone who can work as hard as he, and still have the energy to move in the evenings. One of his gardens is five times the size of mine, and he is out tilling it, never missing a step. I tilled my graden two days ago, and I am still having trouble lifting my arms. I guess I should be happy that both of my children know their great-grandparents. And hopefully, they will be around to see our next child. I will end with this, Phaups are known for living into their hundreds....

    I am more optimistic than I have ever been about trying to get pregnant. For some reason, I really feel it this time. The bad thing is, I am just waiting for the morning to come that I wake up puking. I am sure it will happen, it alwasy does. Am I crazy for wanting that? I really don't want the sickness, but I do want the baby, and if tha is what it takes, then so be it. The biggest worry I have is how it will affect my children. Chandler did fine with my sickness when I carried Grace, he didn't seem to notice it. But I know Grace will be affected by it. I don't want her worried about me and I do want her taken care of while I am sick. I know I am overly stressing about it all. That is my nature. I am a natural born stresser. But I do feel good about this month. I know I will be testing way too early, and way too often. That is why I buy tests in mass quantities on line....

    Daniel is working this weekend. And that is okay since I was running all week and didn't get a lot of house work done. Now I can catch up on it. As if I really wanted to clean all weekend. I bought some fabric yesterday and some patterns to make Gracie some dresses this summer. I hope it works out. I have not sewn anything in years, but with little of my Moms help I am sure I can get back in the swing of things. If they turn out good, I'll take some pictures and post them.

    Well, I hope everyone is well, and enjoying their weekend. Let's get some BFP's aound the board!! It's about time we get some! Take care...









    2 Comments:

    • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Heather P. said…

      I have had those same thoughts about becoming old. Do I really want to get THAT old? I guess we just have to accept God's plan.

      I hope this is everyone's month for a BFP Lots of Luck to you. I really do hope you get your BFP

       
    • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Ally said…

      Heather,

      I ask that all the time...about getting older. I think about my mother who I lost at a very early age (well, early for me) at 69. She had alot of health problems because simply, she didn't take care of herself. So, the way I look at it...if I take care of myself, then I really don't mind getting older...it's a natural progression. But if I'm suffering, on tubes and no idea who anyone is around me...then it's time to go for me. That's how I feel about it anyway.

      I also thought about the sickness. How will the other kids handle it. I think they will be fine. Michael doesn't notice things like that...I too welcome the sickness if it brings a baby and I we will deal...like everything else. God only gives us what we can handle...and I think he's wrong on a few instances LOL but oh well. :)

      Have a great day Heather!

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home