My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Wednesday, April 13, 2005

    Wednesday's blog

    Okay, first and foremost, I must put in my opinion of the latest in the news.... why does this happen??? Why is it so freggin easy for Britney and not me?? We can all only imagine what kind of name she'll be calling her son...

    My life has been BUSY lately. The weather has been nice, so I have taken advantage and gotten out and worked in the flower beds some. I got my garden plowed, so I can start planting in that soon, too. My Mother in law came to visit over the weekend. She watched the kids and sent Daniel and I on a date. We went shopping , to dinner and ended the night with a movie. It was such a nice day. We saw "The Wedding Date" which I thought was really cute. And we spent an ungodly amount of money while we were out. We have been talking about buying a new computer since mine just does not like to run anymore. But instead I figured we could use a video camera more, and it would be better for us in the long run. Especially now since Chandler is starting to walk, I really needed to capture that on tape, to re-live it over and over. So we splurged and bought one. I am so happy with it. And it was money well spent in my opinion.

    On the trying to conceive front...I am on CD 17 today. I am officially in the two week wait, and you're darn skippy I will be a pregnancy test whore this month. I am so optimistic, I can't see straight. See, I've been temping and plugging my numbers into Fertility Friend, ( you can go to my chart here ) and this month has been a good month evidently. According to FF I ovulated on CD 13, which was Saturday...well, it just so happened that we woke up that morning and did the deed. Woo-Hoo! So I am now 4 days past ovulation, and I am waiting for any and all signs I can get. I am so excited. This is the first month that FF has been able to tell me when I am ovulating so it's a really big deal.

    I had a talk with my Mom today. I finally told her that Daniel and I are trying for a baby. She got really quiet and even cried some. I know she secretly didn't want any more grandchildren, but this is our family. I am not sure why she feels that way, probably because she knows how terribly ill I get when I am pregnant. She went through the same thing. But this is what we want, and we are trying. I just asked her if she had ever had any trouble at all getting pregnant with any of us kids, and she claims she was fertile myrtle...yay. Just what I wanted to hear. So whatever problem I am having with getting pregnant is my own problem. But it was very awkward telling her that we had kept it a secret for so long, but she didn't seem to mind that. I did ask her to keep it secret from the rest of my family, I really don't need them asking all the time if I am pregnant yet. So we'll see if she holds true to her word...I can only imagine how this will all turn out. I know exactly how my family feels about us having another baby. It seems as if no one wants us to have more kids. My family is just like that. They are all miserable and want everyone else to be in their boat. (Everyone except my Dad) But I refuse to bring myself down like the rest of my family. I am currently the only one in my family that has not divorced so far. My little brother will probably never marry, he just likes being miserable with himself. I just wish they could say they are happy for me and really BE happy for me. We were all so close growing up and now as adults, it has changed so much that I cannot even explain it.

    Well, I hope everyone is well. Lesley I know you are in the TWW with me, hang in there, girl, I'm here for ya! Ally, I hope everything goes well in your procedure and with DH, and you can get back on the TTC train next month. Trina, I know we don't email as often as we used to but I still really miss you and think of you all the time. And give those beautiful girls big hugs for me. Take care everyone!

    3 Comments:

    • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Ally said…

      Heather,

      I'm so glad you ovulated and have an exciting chart.I hope it pays off this month for you.

      As far as your family is concerned, do what I do. Screw 'em! Worry about yourself because apparantly , then don't!

      I am keeping positive thoughts for you...and pray that the 2ww ends with a BFP! :)

       
    • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Heather P. said…

      Hi Heather,
      I really hope you get your BFP this month!! I would say that I was in the 2ww but I am waiting on next cycle for IVF. Hope we all get those positives really soon.

       
    • At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Ahh, the caring family! I can't tell my family we are heading towards I.U.I next month as A/ they don't care enough and B] they would say once again IT WILL HAPPEN JUST RELAX.. And make me feel even worse for thinking that just maybe they would care or understand. I have finally got them to take more notice of Ayden and for the first time in 5 years my oldest sister has finally remembered Aydens b'day. So we are on the tww together and WE ARE GOING TO BE PREGNANT! I have kept my positive attitude so far with only one break down of negativity.
      Ahh, the wait is a killer! The video camera is a great Idea and I am going to get one before the end of the year ( I hope..lol. ) I checked your chart and I too think you "o" on the 13th. Same as me! We are so close and will be getting our bfp together. ( pos thinking)
      Hugs and be happy..
      P.S send the weight my way! Hugs for being so understanding too and listening to me. Thank you

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home