My Random Thoughts

A brief description of what runs through my brain, my journey to bring this third child into the world and whatever else may pop into my brain...





  • Click here for my new pregnancy blog...Baby #3 Makes A Complete Family
  • Monday, November 22, 2004

    Thanksgiving Holiday

    Did you know that Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays? Yeah, imagine that, no gifts and I still like it! For some reason, the thought of getting together with family and friends is great. I didn't say family and friends are great, but getting together and eating with them is great. Let's face it, I don't care who you are, not everyone loves there family. I love mine, I just can't tolerate them most of the time. Yes, they are there for me 100%, (well, almost) but gosh, anyone who knows you as well as family is bound to use that against you eventually. And the gossip begins. Hey! Don't come back in the room yet, I was still talking about you! Yeah!!

    Other than that, the food is excellent. That is one of the few days that you really can eat until you are literally sick and NO ONE CARES. You are not a pig, you are normal. But, eat like that any other time of year and you suck, man. You are such a cow. Okay, and this year, it is my daughters 2nd Birthday on Thanksgiving Day. Do you know how unfair that is for a child? Stick a candle in the ol' punkin pie and there you go! And believe me, that is what I am doing. Getting together with family is enough for that day, but to have a seperate birthday party on top of that? I am not crazy. Though some would beg to differ.

    Okay, so here we go with shopping. The biggest shopping day of the year is coming up, on Friday to be exact. And where did that come from?? People just thought they would be smarties and name it "Black Friday"? How freggin' stupid!! I do not like to shop in crowds. I will be the first to admit that. I despise it! But, however, give me a bench in the middle of the mall for the afternoon and I LOVE IT! I love to watch these people thinking they are getting great deals on all their Christmas shopping...NOT. How stupid are they? There are no good deals...ever. No American with their head screwed on straight is going to cut anyone a deal. That is just how we are bred. It's dog eat dog. Like it or lump it. But another thing that cracks me up is to watch husbands. I've seen beaten, starving, frozen dogs that look happier than a shopping husband looks. How cruel is that? And to watch their wives drag them through the mall from one store to another, like ragdolls....WHERE are you backbones??? Stand up to her! Tell her, No dear I would rather be tied up in front of a firing squad. How hard is that?

    I was humbled this year, just as I started my Christmas list. My Dad went to Guatemala on a missions trip. He came back with pictures, and man o' man, did that give me a wake up call. To see those kids, to see their homes, it is truly humbling. It hurt almost. To know that if kids want a gift and it is on their list, and they don't get it, they scream and cry and everyone sucks. But to see these kids in that country, they go daily without things. Without food, and toys and clothes....HOW SELFISH ARE WE?? Maybe we should start posting pictures of these kids on mall doors to keep the spending down on our spoiled rotten, never happy with anything kids. Just let them know that you are sending money or gifts to kids that appreciate things. Then RUN!!

    Well, my thoughts today are a little scattered. But I have to say, in closing, that I am thinking of all my friends, you know who you are. I miss you, I miss talking to you daily, I miss seeing you, and I miss the fun we once had. Be safe.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home